Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My never ending path is miles long, recently created for walkers and joggers. Motorized vehicles are not allowed, but horses are, mounted by riders, and are a lovely sight for cameras. It is always quiet on my path, with only the twitter of birds, the sussurring rustle of leaves, and the soft babble of the many brooks flowing alongside. In the wooded areas along my path are coyotes, although they know how to make themselves invisible to people. There are a lot of squirrels, who are not the least bit shy around humans, and plenty of deer. An occasional fox, which is as fleeting as a humming bird, and which is a lone traveler. Walking along my path, I feel like an inhabitant of another world. I would not be too surprised to meet a creature from another planet. It is hard to believe that only a mile or so away are rows of houses along a busy highway.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds lovely. Walks near the I&M Canal inspire similiar sentiments.

    ReplyDelete