Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Never Ending Path

Today I walked for three miles, taking a route I had not taken before. It is more pristine, more primitive than the ones I explored earlier. I saw some lovely blue buntings that were more purple than blue in color and which fairly took my breath away. They are, I would guess by their small size and radiant colors, finches. There were also some elglets and some larger birds of prey and I wondered what they were. I am always astounded by the cardinal with its red crested plumage and the swiftness of its flight, which makes me think of a blaze of light flashing through the trees. They are dazzling, splendent. Splendent! What a lovely word for a bird. The bird song I love most is that of an ordinary robin. What other sound can compare with its sweet simplicity? How very moved I am by all that it conveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment